Protecting Your Bed From Bed Bug Infestations In Cleveland
May 15, 2022 - Bed Bugs
Bed bugs are making a comeback in Cleveland, but before you rush out to your nearest supermarket for plastic mattress covers, it might be a good idea to learn all the facts. Bed bugs aren't fast enough to infest homes and properties on their own, which means they need a helping hand before they infiltrate your boudoir. The easy answer in this situation will always be to find reliable pest control in Cleveland. However, it's still important to know how to keep bed bugs away, how to tell if you have a bed bug infestation, and the best way to get rid of a bed bug infestation in your home.
The Symptoms Of A Bed Bug Infestation
These tiny, reddish-brown parasites are highly skilled in the art of concealment, so it can be tough to tell if you have bed bugs early on in an infestation. Most of the evidence they leave behind can be easily overlooked or blown off as regular household debris, but if you know what to look for, then it's a bit more difficult to explain away evidence:
- Brown bloodstains on bedding, mattress, and cloth furniture.
- Excessive grime, eggshell casings, shed skin, and dead bed bugs in the crevices of mattresses and furniture.
- Small, red welts in a straight line or zig-zag pattern.
- Difficulty getting a restful night's sleep.
- Rusty brown excrement stains on walls, mattresses, electrical outlets, carpet seams, and furniture.
- An unpleasant, musty odor permeates the house.
If you start to notice signs of a bed bug infestation, reach out to a pest control professional right away. These bugs breed quickly, and your bed bug problem will only get worse over time.
Can A Bed Bug Bite Without Leaving Any Marks?
The short answer is yes, it's possible to have an infestation without experiencing those itchy red welts. Saliva can cause mild reactions like itchy red bites. Some people have worse reactions, such as swelling, blisters, or hives. Interestingly enough, though, a small percentage of the population exhibits zero symptoms after being bitten by a bed bug. That doesn't mean bed bug control isn't necessary – these pests can still disrupt sleep patterns, stain household items, and with a large enough infestation, you could even develop temporary anemia.
How Can I Protect My Mattress From Bed Bugs?
Your mattress isn't the only thing you should be worried about in your home. Without effective precautions and dependable Cleveland pest control such as Avenger Pest Control, bed bugs can take over your entire house. Luckily, bed bugs aren't fast at all, so it's a bit simpler to keep bed bugs away:
- Inspect hotels and motels thoroughly before settling in for your stay.
- Never take home furniture that's left on the side of the road.
- Inspect clothes and furniture before purchasing from second-hand shops.
- Keep your luggage and purses off of the floor at hotels and motels.
- If you live in an apartment complex or dorm room, install a door sweep to prevent them from crawling in from an adjacent apartment.
- Wash and dry all clothes and linens in the hottest settings after returning from a vacation or business trip.
- Take a long, hot shower after returning home in case you're carrying any hitchhikers.
Despite your best efforts to keep bed bugs out of your Cleveland home, you may still find yourself dealing with a bed bug problem. If you suspect you have bed bugs in your home, partner with the professionals at Avenger Pest Control.
How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In My Home Permanently?
If you're thinking about trying some form of DIY bed bug control, it's a lot harder and much more costly than you might think – without factoring in a two-month-long hotel stay while you are meticulously cleaning and fumigating your home, the products and equipment alone would set you back over $1000. The best way to get rid of a bed bug infestation in your Cleveland home is with the help of our pest experts at Avenger Pest Control.
We believe everyone deserves to enjoy a pest-free home, which is why we keep all of our treatments affordable for any budget. We provide multiple options for bed bug treatments, depending on the severity of the infestation, and each treatment comes with a 30-day warranty. You shouldn't have to compromise your sleep because of pests; contact us today to learn more about your home pest control or commercial pest control treatment options.