Don't Let Cleveland's Fleas, Ticks, And Mosquitoes Get You Down
March 15, 2022 - Mosquitoes
Mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks cannot survive unless they have blood. It’s hard to notice them before they nibble you because they move quietly, and their bites don’t hurt. Sometimes, the only evidence you have of their presence is red and itchy welts. Given that these species are primarily outdoor bugs managing them is challenging. Professional pest control in Cleveland is the best option for deterrence.
Ticks, fleas, and mosquitoes in Cleveland drink blood from humans and animals, making them dangerous. The chances of disease transmission are high. Unfortunately, most individual ways to repel mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks have shortcomings. Learn now how to conquer them with assistance from Avenger Pest Control.
Tips To Dealing With Mosquitoes In Cleveland
Generally, mosquitoes are 0.12 to 0.35 of an inch long. Scales cover their bodies and wings, and they have thin legs and defined noses. Blood is vital to females because it advances egg production. Water helps as well and is necessary for all mosquitoes. Larvae specifically soak up the organisms. Standing pools will be gathering centers for these pests, and the same goes for greenery since it supplies nectar.
Mosquitoes in Cleveland tend to come in through foundational gaps and open doors and windows. Dark and moist spaces, such as closets and laundry rooms, will be their hiding spots. Two significant infestation signs are repeatedly seeing bites on your skin or the bugs flying around.
If a mosquito has bitten an infected person or animal, it can expose you or someone else to illness. These critters are associated with the following conditions and symptoms:
- Malaria: Chills and sweating
- Zika Virus: Fever, muscle pain, and rash
- Chikungunya (incurable): Fever and joint pain
- Yellow Fever: Liver, kidney, and heart complications
- Dengue: Rashes, fever, and nausea
- West Nile Virus: Mild headaches and fever
While not every mosquito will make you sick, it’s wise to avoid them. “Do it yourself” ways to repel mosquitoes typically involve fusing water with natural ingredients to create a spray; this will only be moderately effective. Perform these tasks instead:
- Burn essential oil candles
- Set mosquito traps; clean them often
- Reduce standing water
- Mow the lawn and trim greenery on a routine basis
- Swill your gutters frequently
Believe it or not, these actions can make a difference in repelling mosquitoes.
The Best Ways To Get Rid Of And Prevent Ticks
Many ticks are dark-colored, about 0.20 inches long, and correlated with viruses, the Lyme disease bacterium, ehrlichiosis, and other sicknesses. Here’s how you can discourage them:
- Keep your greenery cut.
- Discard all organic debris.
- Cover up and use repellent before outdoor ventures.
- Groom your pets regularly, and discuss treatments with a veterinarian.
- Contact Avenger Pest Control for other pest infestations that are hosts for ticks.
Ticks are most prevalent in shady and vegetated zones; protect yourself and use caution.
Control, Extermination, And Prevention Of Fleas
Fleas are shiny, reddish-brown, compressed, and 0.09 of an inch long. They can pass along parasitic, bacterial diseases, typhus, and tapeworms. You can fend them off by:
- Consistently clipping greenery; remove yard debris.
- Replacing property perimeter soil with gravel.
- Maintaining your pet’s coat and talking about management with a veterinarian.
- Inspecting second-hand items before purchase.
- Vacuuming and cleaning carpeting recurrently.
- Controlling pests that fleas could target.
Fleas are common in grassy and watery places, including lawns. Avenger Pest Control can intervene for extermination.
How Avenger Pest Control Helps With Fleas, Ticks, And Mosquitoes
Independent techniques and retail goods for mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks aren’t sufficient for infestations. They can also be toxic and pricey. We at Avenger Pest Control have affordable industrial-grade treatments that are safe. Mosquitoes are rampant in the region, but so are fleas and ticks. Our specialized services are rare; they address all three species. Call today for a free quote!